Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Dog's Day Out


Recently I have a chance to see a pet show in my city. Almost all the breeds flooded the show ranging from Great Dane to Tiny poodle.

The
Pet show Organizer is my friend. So I have been given a descent seat in the front row itself. All the dogs performed well. But most of the viewers smile at a dog with dark eyes looking soberly out from a tangle of hair that is often soaking wet and muddy. I inquired about this dog and finally concluded that it is OTTERHOUND BREED.

I heard that this breed is a friend of fisherman as it was bred to drive out the otters streams and rivers of
Great Britain and thus to preserve the livelihood fisherman. But it didn't won the prize.

Actually the winner was a
boxer, which is brindle in color. Although it is not that much attractive, it won the prize as it is within the breeding standards. It was well trained one. It outnumbered all the dogs in the performance.

Most of the press people and also the dog lovers have taken the brindle boxer pics
for their remembrance. Me too.. But my camera ditched me because I have forgotten to fix the roll properly inside the camera.

Any how, I got a perfect information about the
Otterhound breed. Hats off to the show organizer...

0 comments:

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008

Team Blogs

Qantas